Daddy turned 80 today and we showered him with love!
Tom brought him over to our house for lunch. The boys made him cards and signs and we made sandwiches and had Apple Pie for dessert. It was small, it was quiet, but it was filled with love, kisses and hugs. Just like he likes it....
Every day I'm thankful he's still with us in our lives and I love him to pieces....
Tom and I are in a tie for #2 fan!
Apple Pie!
Chocolate Pie!
Do they love him?
Does he love them? He never leaves us without wanting a kiss.
I'm just so content that he was happy and having a good day today....
Tom said Dad wanted to come to my house everyday for lunch. Oh I wish I just lived around the corner five minutes from the retirement community, where I could just "pop" in at a moment's notice. Dad wishes he lived next door to Tom or I, I think. You can still live in the same city as big as ours and miss someone.... The big person missing today was Mom, yet I know she's in our hearts as we move through our grief. Always and forever with us....
Philip said it best...." 80! Is good!"
We love you Dad.














No comments:
Post a Comment