Everywhere I look lately are the signs of new life.....
....spring arrives officially in four days.
Flowers are appearing everywhere. Many are my favorites.
Trees are awakening with buds and the most intricate blooms which just take my breath away when I look through the camera lens.
How could anything so tiny and full of detail be so delicate, graceful, and complex?
.....only the Lord could create such beauty.
"Don't forget about new life....." are words I hear. I'm thinking about those words a lot lately. There is new life all around me, but there is new life to come too in heaven.
My daddy has pneumonia. It is a hard time for him right now, because Alzheimer's is a huge road block to his healing. Yes, I'm thinking a lot about new life this week. Sometimes I wonder if I should look at his disease a different way these days. Instead of Alzheimer's winning as it continues to steal him away, maybe I should have a different perspective.... "heaven is winning...." and in the end whenever that may be, Daddy is walking closer to heaven every day. He IS winning in the eyes of eternity because God is renewing the imperishable every day as the perishable continues to fade before him. We are all walking toward eternal life either with or without our Lord. Life continues day by day for us until we breathe our last breath here and step over the threshold from this life we know to the next. My daddy will be greeted on the other side of the horizon with "Welcome!" I can just hear it now, "You're here!!! I'm so happy! Well done my good and faithful servant."
This hope does not take away my sadness watching my dad suffer from his illness and now added illness on top of what he daily battles. It does not make his journey of Alzheimer's any easier or stop the continual losing of his mind. It doesn't take his pneumonia or many other health challenges away, but it HELPS me COPE better with life's situations that are not easy and COMPLETELY out of my control.
New life....
So thankful for new life all around me.....
If the Lord God cares so much about what He created in nature all around us, why would he not care even more for us?
The answer is.....
....He does.
Jesus told us not to worry.
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?..... "Matthew 6:26
He loves us more than the birds, budding trees, and blooming flowers in all of their splendor. He gave up His very life for us so we could have that new life He promises for all eternity. John 3:16 just means even more when I look through my camera lens at my Bradford pear blossoms and the trees blooming in the special places I love and appreciate close to my home and my heart.
I remember the hope we have in Christ.
Easter is coming!
May Easter's hope bring a renewed joy to our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment