Life is a gift.

Life is a gift.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 31, 2011

Weather Man Adventures

Sometimes being the "Weather Man" is fun!  Sometimes it's a bit interesting and adventuresome, especially around Halloween.

Yesterday was an awesome night!  I went to Trunks and Treats at my church.

I was able to hang out with lots of people and my favorite stuffed animal Jenny Spider and share the 5 day forecast.  Everyone was asking me questions about tomorrow's weather.
Jenny and I had a great time!
Someone even made a balloon spider for me!  Very cool!  I guess by now you realize.....  I LIKE spiders.
I even got to meet Bob the Tomato and a bunch of pirates that don't do anything!  Whew! Must be nice! I work a lot!  It's hard work checking the Doppler Radar and predicting weather patterns, but someone in this family has to do it!  I love my job!

Yesterday was awesome.  Tonight, Halloween, didn't start out so well.
 I agreed to go do some research this evening.  Halloween weather research.  In order to check the weather, I had to go with this dude trick or treating.  I was a bit nervous standing next to a ninja, but I tried not to show it. 

Then things got worse.....
The scariest Darth Vader I've ever seen in person came up behind me. The ninja asked me what the weather forecast was going to be tomorrow.  I showed him.  He said if I was wrong he'd eat all of my Halloween candy.

This is NOT GOOD!

Being a weather guy is tough on Halloween.  I'll be glad when this one is over.  I don't like all of these scary dudes.  Mommy told me these guys are really my brother and my Daddy.  Come on now!  Dude!  Any guy who can predict the weather knows his own family members when he sees them!!

All I wanted to do was do a little research and get some free candy along the way!

By the way to all of you nice people out there, tomorrow will be sunny with clear skies!  Highs in the low 60's.  Zero percent chance of rain.  Low tonight 34. 

This is PJ your friendly meteorologist signing out. 



2 comments:

Frances said...

What a GREAT costume for Philip! I hope he enjoyed trick-or-treating despite his intimidating companions. ;)

Judith said...

Thank you! He did! However, he would not smile for any of the photos I took before they ventured out. His facial expressions changed with each photo I snapped and his face looked more and more strained as I kept saying, "Smile, come on smile!" lol!