How would you describe a perfect autumn day? For us here in this part of the Carolinas, the first week of November is always the time of full fall color. McDowell Nature Preserve on Lake Wylie has been a favorite place of ours to hike for some time. Saturday we went to enjoy the season of color by the water's edge. We enjoy walking the familiar trails and I've finally come to know where I can find specific spots of color on our walks. As I walk around this park I see a place of beauty but more than that, I always see our heavenly Father's hand in all that He has made for us. Yes, all that He has made for you and me.
It's more than that too.
Those thousands of shades of colorful leaves point to the Creator Himself. I don't know about you, but when I see the beauty He creates each season, I really do feel like it's another "I love you too" moment.
God first loved us, as 1 John 4:19 so beautifully tells us, "We love because he first loved us." I am not to say, "I love you Lord, but I love you too." I can't truly say those words and mean them unless His love resides in me first. This love is a gift.
Fantastic
Magnificent
Glorious
Heavenly Creator
I am His and He is mine.
What a gift He has given us in His creation.
When I ask my sons what their favorite colored trees are they usually cannot come up with one answer. It is usually "all of them". God makes it really hard to choose a favorite color.
![]() |
| And this guy was not far from the lake, on a big rotting tree branch. |
![]() |























No comments:
Post a Comment