I am reminded that it's a new day!
Thank you for another day Lord!
Today is yours.
What would you have me do today Lord?
I'm listening.
Lamentations 3:21- 23 is one of my favorite verses from Scripture.
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." NIV
Why does it bring me hope to know that the Lord's compassions are unfailing?
Why does it matter to my life that every single morning I wake up His mercies are new?
It makes all of the difference. I know each day I can start over. I can turn from ways that are not pleasing to Him, ask for forgiveness and I can choose to follow where He leads.
Today is a fresh slate! Full of possibilities and opportunities!
The Lord is there for me. He is just waiting for me to choose Him each day. To choose to follow Him and be in tune to Him instead of my selfish ways. He is there with strength, mercy, compassion and faithfulness.
He is faithful to his promises.
He promises that his love for us is GREAT and because of that love we are not consumed by whatever trials may come our way. I can count on that. I know sometimes trials can seem to overwhelm us. This is when I need to remember Lamentations 3:21-23.
This morning blue sky speckled with the first clouds of February speaks volumes to me.
It says, "Good morning, my child. Let's walk through this day hand in hand together."
No comments:
Post a Comment