Life is a gift.

Life is a gift.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Charleston

I believe we are creating a new family tradition when it comes to vacation spots.  I remember mine as a child.  These were places I frequented every single year for as long as I can remember.  It was usually a South Carolina Beach at Thanksgiving, which later changed to other times of the year, always Lake Junaluska in the mountains of North Carolina for the 4th of July and my brother's birthday, and Arlington, Virginia and the District of Columbia to see my great aunt in August. Truly happy memories were made in all of these places for me, my brother and my parents.

It seems Michael, the boys and I have started a new place of memories.  We don't own a house here, but we are finding ourselves going back to a particular spot each year.  If we keep this up, I may want to start going  more than just once a year.

Charleston, South Carolina.  There is much  to love about this historic city.  I could lose myself walking down cobblestone or cracked sidewalks surrounded by history.  Just sitting in Waterfront Park....give me a book and the view of the water with grassy reeds and I'm good.  This is where my husband and I spent our honeymoon.  It is a place my husband and I have been going for almost 20 years now.  Wow, that long?  Time flies.  It is a place I never tire of going.

I think our boys are starting to get attached to it down there....
Enjoy my favorite spot in Charleston.

Waterfront Park

A long pier with wooden swings for four takes you down to the water's edge where you have a spectacular view of ships, birds, Fort Sumter way in the background and of course Charleston Harbor. Warm breezes of September and October is what we like best.
Gravel pathways lined with Palmetto trees...
 The Pineapple fountain....

The shaded side of the park just beyond the fountain.
A park bench for one, for three!

No comments: