Life is a gift.

Life is a gift.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 29, 2012

His First Flag Football Game

My little Philip is growing up....
 Time seems to go by faster now that he's almost eight.  I don't know where the time is going, I just know it's not stopping and I'm having a hard time keeping up!

It was his first flag football game ever on Friday evening.

We participate in Victory Sports, which we've been a part of since Joseph was in Kindergarten in 2006.  We started with soccer, but along the way Joseph found flag football and has never looked back.  Of course his little brother has been watching him for 4 seasons and decided just playing with the football in the backyard might not be enough.  He'd like to try being on a team.  So this season he is part of one of the 1st and 2nd grade teams.... the Falcons.  

Their team color is red.  Red is Philip's favorite color.  How cool is that for your first flag football team to be your favorite color!
It was great watching him play.  Mike's Mom, Grace, watched the game with us.  She actually did a wonderful thing for me this day by letting the boys play at her house so I could take my mother to the doctor.  She was so very kind to me!  She is just a wonderful and loving person.  The best mom in law I could ever have hoped for!  She loved seeing Philip play in his very first game!! 
My two boys are enjoying football this year so far.  I'm so happy for them.  Joseph can't ever wait for practice to start or for his games to begin.  His enthusiasm is contagious!  I hope it rubs off on Philip as time goes by!  Joseph is his number one fan!
 Here's to a great spring season! 

No comments: