Life is a gift.

Life is a gift.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:14

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Most Excellent Day

A surprise Mother's Day celebration for Mom today.  It was a most excellent day!  The boys made cards for her that we could hang on the wall.  We were able to go downstairs and watch her PT session. The boys were even able to participate with her.  We love her physical therapist, Fallon.  Afterward we took Mom over to see Dad.  Boy was he surprised!  He was laying down to take a nap.  As soon as he saw me wheel Mom in the room he sat up very quickly and was so surprised and happy to see her!  It was like he had not seen her in a week.  I love that he reacts to her that way when he sees her!  She doesn't go over to his building very often, so it was a nice surprise.

All in all it was a beautiful day.  We hung up our Mother's Day cards on her wall.  Something new for her to look at.... and we just had a really good visit.

More smiles....
More hugs....
More love....

A most excellent hug from Joseph.

I just love being able to tell her one more time for Mother's Day... 
"Thanks Mom for choosing me as your daughter so many years ago. You are one of my most cherished gifts from God." 
And yes, PJ still fits on her lap.... but barely.  I'm going to hate the day when she asks him to climb up and he's too heavy!  As long as she can hold him there, she will.  And as long as he can climb up there, he will.

Thank you Lord for these memories....

No comments: