Life is a gift.

Life is a gift.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Almost Packed

Two days and counting until I get on a plane with a wonderful team to go serve the children of Ecuador South America.... Lord, I know you have an adventure for us planned.  I'm here!  Don't know if I'm "completely" ready, but I'm as ready as I can be.

I'm packed, with the exception of my back pack. 

It's almost time, to say goodbye to my family.  My youngest son reminds me daily how many days are left until I leave.  "Mommy, it's three days, THREE, until you leave."  Tonight he wanted to start packing his suitcase too.  Not for Ecuador, but for his grandmother's house.  He was so cute.  He is starting to give me things he's drawn for me to take in my bag.  It is so very sweet.

Tomorrow night we pack all of the supplies at the church.  God willing it will all fit in all of those suitcases.  Our team leaders have told us that we have been blessed abundantly with donations to take down to the children.

Friday the boys and I go by the Carlton again to check on things one more time and get mail.  Then we head out to see Mom and Dad spend a little time with them and say goodbye.

Later in the evening I will pick up my husband whom I have not seen since Sunday afternoon and who has been traveling for 3 weeks straight now Mondays through Fridays.  We'll see each other for a few hours then off to the airport bright and early the next day for all of us.  I miss Mike so much.  Praying too, our Philip J is brave at the airport.   

Sometimes I think this is a lot.....  well it is a lot, let's be honest.  For anyone going on missions, it's a lot.  It's a sacrifice in many ways.  When that thought comes in my head I try hard  to focus on the value of what I'm doing in serving the Lord.   Everything worth something costs us something.  Look what my salvation cost Jesus!!  His very life!  All of these preparations, planning, sacrificing, and leaving of family is a rain drop in a barrel compared to what He did for me.  He is stretching me because He doesn't want me to stay where I am.  He wants me to grow in my faith.  He loves me too much not to walk me through this.  I know He is there by my side and with our team every step of the way. 

God wants me to experience something in Ecuador.  What exactly is it?  I'll figure that out with his guidance after our trip is over.  I know he wants me outside of my bubble here.  He wants to take me outside my daily ministry here.  Yes, I have a mission field already here on the home front.  A very important one that is dear to God's heart and mine as well.  However, the Lord is just asking for one week of my time.  Just 7 days....  He wants me to minister to these children.  Orphans are God's heart.  James 1:27  I'm just wondering how different my heart will be when I get back.

So I'm leaving with an open heart and mind.  "I'm here Lord.... send me."  Keep my family, all of them, safe.  Help my boys be brave and learn through this experience too.  Give us your grace, peace, and protection.

You are worth it ALL Lord, You are.....

No comments: