What do you get when you put 18 different people together from 3 different states, many different backgrounds and varied ages from 9 years old and up and send them to Ecuador to do missions work?
Well that is something that we have seen unfold this week as a team. When I look back and see how our week has transpired with airplane follies of the most frustrating and confusing kind, sickness attacking 3/4 of the team, plans changing, new foods, fewer comforts of home and learning a new language, I've seen one thing remain true through it all. This team loves God, loves serving Him, knows He's in control, and knows how to roll with obstacles pretty well. It has been an honor to serve with such an awesome group of people. Each one of them is special in his or her own way with varied talents that were used to serve the children of Ecuador and the team in fine ways. Our team was made up of couples, families, high school students, and moms traveling without their families. It was awesome to me to see how well this team bonded together, watched out for one another, and shared with each other. By the end of the trip I felt like I had new friends. When you can talk about your gastrointestinal sickness issues in detail with others comfortably and not think twice about it, you know you have new friends. I know the team will be laughing with that comment even if you might not be!! We all were there for one another.

Here are some photos of our team members at varied times during our trip. I have more photos of some than others. I apologize if I don't have great pics of everyone. I took so many, it was hard for me to remember what the photos I actually took were to make sure I had pics of everyone. If anyone wants to forward pics to me that are better, please do team!
 |
| Sean and Mendy our team leaders |
 |
| Jalayne and I |
 |
| Jeannine, Monique, Lizzie and her mom Cindy |
 |
| Courtney and Hannah |
 |
| Marie, Marisa, and her sister Alyssa |
 |
| The DeMonte Family |
 |
| John and Stephanie |
 |
| The Gales with our translator, Carolina |
 |
| Courtney and her mom Tina, and I |
What an awesome group!
Love all of you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment