The most wonderful thing happened today....
I got to sit down at the piano with my son and the two of us play together.
He is just starting out. He's only had two lessons. We are learning fingering, and quarter notes and half notes. Notes ascending and descending on the keyboard. Playing loudly and softly. Where notes are on the keyboard. Very basic things, but it seems so comprehensive too. He is going to learn so much!
What was so great too was that we had our piano tuned today. It sounds so much better. Joseph even noticed it. "It sounds different Mommy!"
"Yes it does, honey. This is the way it is supposed to sound."
He sat down two times today to practice. I didn't ask him to practice.
I let him play and then he showed me what he was doing.
I slid in on the bench next to him and I played the exercises he had as assignments. Then he played them several times. Then we played them at the same time together.
After he finished the last page he wanted to practice. I patted him on the back and said, "You did such a great job!" He gave me a big squeeze hug.
A few minutes later I got out some sheet music of my own and started playing. I am determined to relearn this one piece.
I forgot to close the piano after practicing. In the late afternoon before Mike got home for work I heard someone at the piano..... It was Philip, just tinkering around. He's been listening closely to Joseph's lessons as we wait outside the studio door in the waiting room during Joseph's lessons. He's very interesting in what Joseph is doing. Time will tell if he will want to go on this music adventure with us.
I sure hope he does.



No comments:
Post a Comment